Perfect Day Virtual Voice Competition
About The Competition
The Perfect Day Music Foundation celebrates the art of singing and diversity in classical music through a virtual voice competition designed to showcase underrepresented composers and poets.
Each year, a theme is chosen that highlights an important demographic of classical music.
To spread awareness of this important repertoire, the competition is held through the social media platforms Instagram and Facebook. We encourage singers to explore this repertoire with the hope that more of these pieces will become standardized.
Congratulations to the 2021 winners!
Theme, Dates, & Deadlines for 2022 will be announced later this year.
How It Works:
Singers wishing to enter must record a video of themselves singing an art song or operatic aria by a composer, poet, or librettist of the classical genre within the chosen theme, and post to their own personal Instagram (IGTV) or Facebook account.
- The competition is open to two ranges of singers: Collegiate Level (20-24 years old) and Emerging Level (25-30 years old). In the post's caption, indicate which level the applicant is applying for.
- Videos must be unedited.
- Accompaniment is required and may be live or prerecorded.
- Traditional or folk songs must be arranged by a composer who represents the competition theme.
- Posts must contain hashtags: #perfectdayvoicecompetition #shallwegather and tag @perfectdaymusicfoundation for eligibility. Collegiate level must tag school presently or recently attended university.
- No application necessary.
- Your tagged video submission on social media is your official entry. Please check the hashtag after posting to ensure submission. IGTV's should be posted to applicant's own profile feed.
- Multiple entries allowed. Only one post per singer will be admitted to next round.
Any and all videos meeting these requirements will be considered for the final round.
The final round will be a live-streamed performance on the Perfect Day Music Foundation Facebook page and YouTube channel where the panel of judges will select the winner.
Details & Deadlines:
Entry Fee: None
Prizes: The winner of each level is awarded $1,000
Submission Deadline: 2022 deadline to be announced.
Final round performance: 2022 final performance to be announced.
Finalists will be announced on the Perfect Day Music Foundation social media accounts week-by-week in the month of December, starting the 15th. Finalists will be contacted via their social media accounts via direct message. By submitting an online video entry, applicants agree to the reposting of the video to the Perfect Day Music Foundation social media pages and website.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.